According to Forrester Research, one in five B2B organizations are planning to implement marketing automation in 2012, and a similar number are expanding their usage.
Many marketers are facing increasing pressure by senior management to demonstrate marketing’s contribution to the sales pipeline and are turning to more comprehensive marketing automation solutions.
Forrester Research also reports that some companies believe their sales force automation (CRM) initiatives have maxed out and are seeking additional value by integrating them with marketing automation. Marketers can achieve better lead management and nurturing capabilities, along with improvements in the marketing-to-sales funnel process.
Some additional benefits of marketing automation include:
- More qualified sales-ready leads
- Faster sales velocity (close deals faster)
- Better marketing and sales alignment
- Maximizing Marketing ROI
- A metrics oriented culture
- Better insight into campaigns and budgets
- Flexibility to adjust marketing plans as needed